DO you want an online portfolio that simply stands out? Create your online portfolio at your own time by yourself! You don’t need to hire professionals, and waste your money on expenses. You don’t have to be a web designer, you can learn to use a user-friendly content management system such as WordPress. WordPress has a huge collection of themes and plugins that you can use for your photography website.
They’re all mobile responsive + HTML5.
5 Popular Portfolio Themes for WordPress
- Salient – responsive and retina ready; multi-purpose WP template that is fully customizable. eCommerce ready via WooCommerce.
- Jarvis – the perfect one page parallax template for corporate, agency, nonprofit, freelancer or general business. 12 Home page variations, with background video support. Also includes Mailchimp subscription support for your newsletter, email marketing and mailing list needs. Ultra-responsive design, with 6 navigation styles, customizable backgrounds (colors,images or patterns), Font Awesome icons and many more super-awesome features to keep you busy & satisfied.
- Photolux – a cool photography portfolio theme
- King Size – makes perfect for a variety of purposes, although focused towards Photographers and those using Portfolios to display their past and present work collections. Creating a Gallery or Portfolio can’t be any easier. You just upload your images via Media Gallery (all explained in the documentation) and automatically those images are converted to the Gallery Type you have selected for that specific page. There are no extra steps, just upload your images and click publish.
- Anan – a premium photography theme with custom posttype, unlimited colors and image uploader for shutterbugs
How to Create Your Portfolio Website
- Buy a Domain Name
First you need to register that domain name. It is simple, just go to one of the domain registrars such as Namecheap and Godaddy. You can search for a domain name and if it’s available, buy it before somebody else grabs it.
A domain name is like the signboard outside of a restaurant or motel. It should be a name people can remember easily.
Click here to search for a domain name.
- Get a Reliable Web Hosting
Since you have your domain name, it is time to decide upon your web hosting account. Identify thoroughly your web hosting requirements regardless of whether you need free hosting, dedicated hosting, shared hosting, virtual private server (vps) hosting or perhaps a reseller hosting. But since it is your first website, you can start with a shared hosting plan.
Nevertheless, prior to signing up to any web hosting provider, you have to review first their abilities and reputations. Pick the one that excels in website hosting features offered, plenty of freebies, A+ BBB score, responsive and educated customer support, good review, includes a money back guarantee and many of all offers high quality hosting service at an affordable price.
Since you already know the quickest method to set up a professional website, which is by using one of the above template, where should you go for hosting this awesome new website of yours? It is vital that you choose a hosting that has good support. Many professional web designers believe that you cannot go wrong with HG for hosting your WordPress site(s). You can try Hostgator for $0.01 only and use the coupon code WEBSITELAUNCH.
Or use the 25% OFF on any hosting plans using the coupon code WEBTEMPLATE ,
Build Your Website and Customize It
After you have your domain name and web hosting company, it is time to decide the platform of your homestay business website. It is highly suggested to use WordPress since it has powerful and elegant photography themes and plugins that you can use. Aside from the fact that, WordPress can be easily installed via one-click installer like Fantastico and QuickInstall that can be found in cPanel.
When you have finished installing the software, it is time to customize your website. If you want more stunning themes, you can go to Themeforest.
Smart Ways to Save for Web Hosting Service