Do you need a responsive and professional looking WordPress theme for your photography website? Here are some of the best and being used by successful shutterbugs, photojournalists and paparazzo’s.
I was using Wix.com and my site looks awesome. However I don’t want to continue using it because the flash websites don’t show up on iphones and iPads (and that is becoming increasingly important). I want a cool template for a photo portfolio (i am not very good with html etc) but can’t seem to find one. I don’t dig wordpress themes because they look like a blog and not a pro portfolio.
- Wowway – a unique and highly interactive WordPress theme with 3 preset skins.
- Bigformat – a fullscreen responsive portfolio theme for freelancers, web designers, photographers and videographers alike, built to showcase work at a large scale.
- Litho – minimalist, grid-based fullscreen portfolio WordPress theme with stunning looks and functionalities
- Tripod – easily create professional looking site and enable the “Like” feature to let users easily access faved posts and raise their rating
- AutoFocus – a photography WP Theme with Geotagging
- Self Titled – a responsive WordPress photography theme with unique custom-written slider. Works great for both portrait and landscape photography
- Fashion9 – a responsive theme perfect for photographers
- PhotoPro – a great canvas for showcasing your work. The minimal design
- Fluxus – a magazine inspired WordPress theme for photojournalist. It features a portfolio horizontal layout, which allows you to showcase your work side by side. Just like we are used to see it in print. It focuses on big images, minimal design, beautiful typography, so that your art is free to stand out.
- 907 – a great one page WP theme with tons of options and features
- Incidental – the theme provides a very flexible, drag drop tool to manage your gallery. You can create both full screen gallery or if you like the traditional way, you can build it as column style as well
- Squaregrid – fully responsive theme with 5 different layouts
- Crius – a responsive photo portfolio with 6 creative gallery templates
- Squared – simple or minimalist but creative theme for shutterbugs
- Verticality – one page photography theme
- Photolux – a cool photography portfolio theme
- Anan – a premium photography theme with custom posttype, unlimited colors and image uploader for shutterbugs
How to Use the WordPress Themes above to Make a Photography Website?
How do you use one of the above themes as your website? First, get a web hosting account from a reputable website hosting company such as Hostgator (Use coupon code WEBSITELAUNCH to try for only $0.01). Then you need to install a content-management system called WordPress using the one-click installer such as Fantastico or QuickInstall. If you are still not sure what to do, as HG support on live chat here. They are one of the best support I have ever encountered in the web hosting industry.